Programme Assistant - 09052016
Intitulé du Poste
Type de contrat
The mission of the Swedish embassy in DRC covers many areas. The objective of the Swedish development cooperation in DRC is to strengthen the conditions required for sustainable peace and democratic governance and to improve the living conditions of people living in poverty and oppression. The post of Programme Assistant entails assisting the Embassy's cooperation department in carrying out the planning, implementation and follow-up of the Swedish Strategy for Development Cooperation in the Democratic Republic of Congo 2015-2019.
Poste et missions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the Head of Development Cooperation, the ProgrammeAssistant will be in charge of/or will participate in the following duties:
- Ensure registration and archiving of documents related to programme activities
- Ensure arrangements of appointments and meetings
- Translate correspondences into English and French according to needs
- Supportthe Cooperation team in the drafting of replies to various letters and emails received
- Assist in any other administrative tasks of the embassy (reception, organization of meetings, seminars and/or conferences etc. and report back to the embassy)
- Perform other related duties as required
- SupportProgramme officers with different tasks regarding the contributions, for example:opening, closing, statistics, forecast, agreement conditions, quality assurance, disbursement plans etc.
- Responsible for checking invoices and requisitions belonging to the Development cooperation
- Ensure bookings and travel arrangements in connection with field activities
Profil et compétences requises
- Sound analytical capacity
- Demonstrate competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities within a limited period of time with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent organizational skills and aptitude for team work in a complex and dynamic multicultural environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Ability to learn complex programme procedures
- Show great availability
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations of the Embassy of Sweden
- Motivation to promote Swedish policies and values
- University degree, preferably in the areas of public administration, financial management, project cycle management or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the area of administration and management ofprogrammes
- Computer literacy for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, presentations (preferably Microsoft Office applications) and ability to learn new complex software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- French excellent command.
- English very good command.
- Good knowledge of civil society in the DRC
We invite you to post your CV in Microsoft Word formatin English(compulsory mention of the position title in subject of your application): "Programme Assistant" and your application letter (in English) via mail directory to our website www.sodeico.org (complete the application form) before "19 Mai 2016
- Provide us with three referencesin connection with your previous employments.