Chef Financial Officer - 22062016-003
Intitulé du Poste
Chef Financial Officer
Type de contrat
This is an opportunity to work for a Company in the assurance sector. This Company is looking for motivated, ambitious and flexible individuals, experienced in handling wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, organized, flexible and enjoy supporting an office of several people, able to work in an English environment, meet challenges and achieve defined goals. The incumbent will mainly be responsible for the administrative and financial operations of the company. The CFO will be accountable for the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve the company assets and report accurate financial results. The CFO should have a thorough understanding of accounting principles relating to the insurance industry -knowledge of the accounting principles used by Insurance Companies in the CIMA region would be a definite advantage
Poste et missions
The Chef Financial Officer will be in charge of :
- Implementing of a chart of accounts in line with the local regulatory requirements, maintenance of appropriate financial records, preparation of required financial reports, ensuring company compliance with financial regulations and standards and filling in regulatory tax returns as required.
- Implementing operational best practices for each accounting/finance/treasury functions. This includes establishing accounting procedures for payment of bills, payment of claims, debt collection and effecting recoveries from third parties.
- Implementing an accounting software (e.g. SAGE) to meet the Company's accounting/finance reporting requirements.
- Set up the accounting principles underlying the Company's reinsurance arrangements - both treaty and facultative arrangements.
- Establishing the budgeting exercise for the Company which includes collecting the inputs, preparing the budget and identifying areas which are underperforming compared to estimates.
- Preparing detailed management accounts as and when required.
- Carrying out expense analysis per department and per product on a regular basis to ensure that actual expenses are in line with assumptions.
- Monitoring the Company's cash flow position to guarantee liquidity at all times
- Be capable of advising management on an adequate investment strategy bytaking into consideration the capital structure of the Company.
- Demonstrating ethical leadership and business integrity
Profil et compétences requises
Good knowledge of Chef Financial officer's job;
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken;
- Excellent organization skills and adaptability ;
- Discretion and sense of service orientation ;
- Excellent calendar management skills including the coordination of complex executive meetings;
- Good computer skills, Microsoft Office package: Power Point, Outlook, Word and Excel
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor degree in business and administrative, Finance management or any similar discipline;
- Work experience in a similar position : Financial Manager in an English work environment (10 years Minimum) ;
- Experience in bookkeeping and financial reporting
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of French (written and spoken).
- We invite you to post your CV in Microsoft Word format in English (compulsory mention of the position title in subject of your application): "Chef Financial Officer" and your application letter (in English) via mail directly to our website www.sodeico.org (complete the application form) before "02nd of July 2016.
- Provide us with three references in connection with your previous employments.