Administrative and financial assistant - 180414-003
Intitulé du Poste
Type de contrat
This recruitment depends on the willingness of the NGO to promote Congolese staff in positions of important and sensitive responsibilities. This agent has as main function to provide efficient support both administration and finance in the management of Human Resources Office of the DRC.
Poste et missions
incumbent will be responsible for:
- Examine supporting documents and ensure timely payment of authorized and approved transactions;
- Ensure payees are notified of any discrepancies in the supporting documents;
- Ensure that settlement of invoices in respect of service and goods providers are made in accordance with existing contracts;
- Maintain and update accounting records, fixed assets register in accordance with accounting policies and procedures;
- Maintain safe custody of and manage petty cash while ensuring the availability of sufficient cash for disbursement in the office and at the bank;
- Prepare cash count, maintain daily reconciliation of petty cash imprest, complete and submit weekly and monthly Cash Survey Report;
- Maintain safe custody of all accounting documents including cheque books, payment vouchers, PAYE, NSSF, Pension returns and Motor Vehicle Log books;
- Organize the procurement of goods and services, including preparing the necessary documentation for requests for quotations or national or international tenders, as well as for the selection of providers of goods and services, for the approval of the Country Representative;
- Prepare and organize vouchers for accounting, including classifying income and expenses according to the NGO Chart of Accounts and ensuring that required supporting documentation is attached;
- Prepare the monthly reconciliation of bank accounts for authorization of
the Administrative Programme Officer.
- Receive, register and distribute all incoming and outgoing telephone calls, faxes, emails, scans, screening calls, redirect callers, mails and emails from main domain to responsible staff also ensuring that documents going out of the office are dispatched on time.;
- Manage the front desk, receive visitors ensuring they are comfortable and their issues dealt with in the most appropriate manner;
- Organize, handle and coordinate travel arrangements that include travel tickets, visa clearance and hotel accommodation; Make and confirm hotel bookings for guests and/or visitors organizing meetings, workshops and conference venues;
- Dispatch, receive and distribute various mails, ensuring the effective dissemination of information, organize, keep magazines and/or newsletters; set up and maintain an efficient and effective up to date records management system ensuring safe custody of organizational documents;
- Provide timely support/administrative assistance, coordinate activities carried out by the various offices/departments and share information as needed to ensure smooth running of the organization;
- Safeguarding and control of assets in the organization; ensuring that the equipment i.e. computers and accessories, fax, copier, telephone, etc are clean, serviced and in good working condition and provide assistance in the operations of these equipment;
- Oversee the smooth running of the office, ensuring it's clean, hygienic and is a safe working environment for staff;
- Control vehicle movements and monitor vehicle log books, ensuring timely monthly updates;
- Supervise drivers and cleaners and ensure office cleanness at all times
- Maintain and continually update personnel records/information, staff leave plans, consolidate annual work plans;
- Organize the process of recruitment of new staff, preparing the necessary documentation and the whole process for the announcement of vacant places, and for the selection of new staff, including the reception of curricula of candidates and the initial triage;
- Ensure legal operations by renewing registration of organization and its assets/equipment, making payment returns of taxes and statutory deductions with government authorities/ staff pensions/ insurance companies;
- Maintain and update pension scheme for staff;
- Monitor and Supervise drivers and ensure that the vehicle is in good working condition at all times; production of monthly vehicle logs, stores management, safety office measures, etc;- Supervise cleaners and ensure that the office and office environment is well organized and kept clean at all times.
Profil et compétences requises
-Motivated and Rigorous
- Good adaptability and initiative
- Mobility and availability
- Good analytical and synthesis
- Ability to take private initiatives
- Ability to work in team
- Ability to organize
- Sense of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum Degree in economics, management or administration or similar disciplines
- Minimum 2 years experience in administration and finance
- Professional experience in humanitarian programs is an asset.
- Speak and write fluent French and English
- Excellent command of computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Applicants unemployed are asked to bring a card jobseeker issued by the NEO.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- The female candidates are strongly encouraged.